Germany's best digitalisation projects awarded with the Digital Leader Award 2019
More applications than ever! The Digital Leader Award, which has been presented annually since 2016, broke a record in 2019: the jury received a total of 111 applications from large companies, organisations and start-ups. The best projects were selected by an independent jury of digitalisation experts from business, science and the media on the basis of an extensive catalogue of criteria. These are the winners of the Digital Leader Award 2019:
- DAK Gesundheit, which promotes innovation through a digitalisation advisory board and an open, creative corporate culture,
- Talentwunder, a start-up that develops a technology that serves as a search engine for recruiting,
- The power plant Mannheim and CAIRO, which have developed their own AI service in the "Blueception" project, which is capable of automatically recording and analysing technical drawings,
- Bayer, the RWTH Aachen University and the IT company Atos, who have developed an algorithm that illustrates the potential and opportunities of Quantum Computing for personalised medicine,
- the company Lorenz with its strategy of the "Smart Factory for Intelligent Measuring Instruments“
- Stabilo, who received the special „Digitize Education“ award for their EduPen, a pen that uses built-in sensors to analyse and improve handwriting.
At the Winners Night, the Digital Newcomer Award was presented jointly with the Global Digital Women network and the Entrepreneur University. This prize has been decided by an online voting in which Rosina Geiger, SAP SE, together with her colleagues Ignatz Schatz and Christian Bacher, prevailed against around 20 competitors because of the successful implementation of the SAP Startup Accelerator program.
Before the Winners Night, the third Digital Leader in Motion event took place. At the event, the participants got to know the finalists of the Digital Leader Award ans gained insights into current topics regarding the digitalisation.